Saturday, April 14, 2012

Nightmare of Cortisone

This is Wikipedia definition of cortisone:
is a steroid hormone. It is one of the main hormones released by the adrenal gland in response to stress. In chemical structure, it is a corticosteroid closely related to corticosterone. It is used to treat a variety of ailments and can be administered intravenously, orally, intraarticularly, or transcutaneously. Cortisone suppresses the immune system, thus reducing inflammation and attendant pain and swelling at the site of the injury. Risks exist, in particular in the long-term use of cortisone.

So the main point that is that this synthetic form of can wreak havoc on your endocrine system. Your endocrine system regulates major organs that secrete hormones that regulate your body. This can influence your bodies temperature, how easily you put on wait, your energy level, all things you just don't want to mess with!These hormones regulate various functions of the human body these include metabolism, growth and development, tissue function and mood. Just to name a few. Overuse of this drug can cause a great imbalance in one of the most important systems in your body. The thyroid, pineal gland, adrenals kidneys, parathyroid, hypothalamus are some of the organs affected.

As you may already know to feel better sometimes requires feeling worse. So to me is it truly worth it? That's a question you will have to answer. For me the answer is heck no! Recently, I was told by a Orthopedic Surgeon that I had a small meniscus tear. He suggested that I receive a cortisone shot to help alleviate the inflammation. I said are there any side-effects? He said, "No they are minimal." Really? Is a not being a able to walk minimal? I walked in the Doctors office and limped out, pissed. The reactions I experienced were insomnia, hot flashes, mood swings, low-immunity, heart palpitations, head-ache, stomach ache, and most of extreme swelling. I realized I needed this toxin out.

This is what I did. Call me extreme, I don't care. When you suddenly see your entire body change and your a gimp. Desperate circumstances scream for desperate extreme measures. I immediately started taking more vitamin c 6000 milligrams, 8oo milligrams of magnesium glycinate, 1120 milligrams of charcoal and a ton of pure water with added 2 tbsp of chlorophyll, 3 mg of melatonin for sleep and to balance the imbalance of hormones. I took hot steamy baths with peppermint and Epsom salts. It took about 5 days to re-balance once I started cleansing. You could almost see the inflammation go down in my knee.

No comments:

Post a Comment